Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh the difference in people...

So this idea for a blog just popped into my mind... It amazes me how different people can be and how different people treat people.. Let me explain:

So there is this guy that I'm kinda "seeing" [we'll call him 'J'] and by 'kinda seeing' I mean we are getting to know each other, we hang out, have fun, ya know - the usual. We haven't set a title to us, which I like cause that means we aren't rushing into anything. We just take it a day at a time and we are both cool with that. Like I said in my previous post, if we wanna hang out with each other, we just text and sometimes we each get the 'i'm busy doing homework', 'maybe later', 'i'm tired' and we're cool with that and we move on to something else. So moving on - in the short amount of time this semester that we've gotten to know each other, he is the most respectful and kind guy that I've gotten close to in a loooong time. He's left me notes when he's came over and that just warms my heart. This past weekend he borrowed my car [i know what some of ya'll are thinking, however, we did battle it out before i told him yes.. haha!] to go home to see his momma and daddy. When he got back today, he did the 3 following things that just warmed my heart even MORE and put him at the top of my list:

1. Told me THANK YOU, that he appreciated me & gave me a hug [& meant it all!]
2. Filled my car up with gas [when he took the car, it only had 1/4th of a tank!]
3. Brought me breakfast [he woke me up at like 11 this morning]

Then he proceeded to make me laugh with some funny stories from the weekend and anyone that knows me knows that if you can make laugh, you've won me over! haha! :) I think what just really wins me over also is that fact that we aren't even boyfriend/girlfriend. The more I get to know him the more and more I'm starting to see the true gentleman he is and girls, that is not easy to find ... especially in Wichita Falls.

Ok - so let me get back to the point of this post. One of my best friends has been going with her guy [we'll call 'ungrateful'] for almost a year now and he is complete A$$. He doesn't appreciate her at all and she dotes on him so much. She is such a great girlfriend and he doesn't do jack-$hit to show his appreciation for her. He fails to even recognize that they are even dating and I always get the vibe that he is trying to 'hide' her from friends and family. It just sickens me sometimes because she is such a great person with such a kind heart. And I got to thinking tonight, of all the things 'J' has done for me in the short amount of time we've been hanging out, 'ungrateful' hasn't done any of them. No notes, no breakfast, no THANK YOUs, etc...

So the point being: it baffles me how a dude that isn't even my boyfriend can treat me sooo much nicer than a dude treats his girl of a year. It just always amazes me how different people can really be sometimes ...

1 comment:

Shaholla said...

Its true, people can be crazy different. Its sad that your good friend is getting treated so poorly, especially by someone who is suppose to care deeply for her. But I'm glad things are going so well for you. You deserve it!!