Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh the lovely adventures that make our lives..

Soo um wow it's been a while since I've blogged!! Let's get reacquainted shall we...

Oh where do I begin?! Let's see... went home for the WT -vs- MSU game. Sooo good to be home! LOVED IT! I love how they start the parade with running the buffalo down the street to kick it off! And as always, the fair food was UH-MAZING! :) Corndogs and funnel cakes, ya can't go wrong!! And to top it off I go to see two of my old high school friends who I haven't seen since graduation!!! Pretty much awesome. But then I did realize how much we all have changed. But it was good to see them though.

However, the game on the other hand was just not that great. First off, it rained and delayed the game for 45 minutes. Thank goodness for thinking ahead and taking umbrellas. It was fun though cause some people embraced it, while others hated it. But my family and I had a blast with it! One thing I like about WT games is that they play some awesome music before the game and it's stuff that you can really jam out to. Great stuff. Also, the buffalo took a dump on the field before the game started. Priceless and hilarious all at the same time. MSU didn't win the game. :( Heck, I don't even think the team showed up. jk. WT is just an amazing team though and they did a great job. We ended up leaving after 3rd quarter cause of my hell-acious headache. It was such a horrible headache that ended with me sleeping for like 12 hours straight.

But it was a great weekend at home. Nice 3 day one. Only sucky thing was that I had to go to the doctor. No bueno. But now at least I know what's wrong with me. Haha! And it involved me and my mother having a bonding experience for sure!!! Haha! But it was a great time at home. Wish I could go home more often but that's just how the cookie crumbles. <-- yes, totally just took that from "Bruce Almighty."

Although that weekend could NOT have landed on a WORSE weekend. This week I had 2 tests and a quiz and plus with it being HOMECOMING week full of madness, I needed that weekend to stay here and get things ready. But it all worked out in the end.

So Homecoming is this week. Always LOVE the week!! One thing that saddens my heart is that this is my first year that I didn't compete in the Banner competition. 2 out of the 3 times I've done it for UPB, we've placed. And I still have all those banners too chilling in my closet at home. I love them though. So much work goes into them and you just feel so proud to see it hanging in the atrium. Bonfire was last night. Sooo much fun! Thursday was just an awesome day in general. Bonfire and torchlight is just a blast anyways. My favorite part is at first we are all crowded around the bonfire and then as soon as they light it, WHOOSH, we all back up!! It's like we can't back up fast enough! haha! And more fun came afterwards when we went out to the Alpha party ... Oh lordy lordy!

First off, managed to rope in Franny to go with me. Sooo glad I did! It was quite the experience for him! Didn't get out there til midnight (which is usually my bed time.) got up to the door and showed our ID and went up to pay cover charge. Let's just say it's awesome to have connections and not pay full price. We get in and it was nice cause it wasn't too crowded. There was just enough people to where you could walk through and not be afraid to grab someone's ass or chest. Although some people like that. However I am not one of those. So we get in, get some drinks (a lovely bacardi and coke for I), find AnTuan and begin the fun. And let me tell ya, we DID have fun. Let me ask something: Do people REALLY look at themselves in the mirror before they leave their place and go "Damn! I'm hot stuff!" Cause I really think all those people were in that joint that night. I mean, I'm no Cindy Crawford or anything but I try to look pretty nice when I go out. But holy moses... Let me just make a list for you of what our eyes saw that evening:

* A 60 year old white lady with a black cocktail dress pop-lock-and dropping it
* 2 little people getting their grove on
* Some air force base men who we really think were in the wrong place
* A guy who totally could have passed as santa clause ... should've have introduced to grandma
* A guy who we really think had on grandma's night gown for the fact that it went past his knees
* A guy with a gold grill that threw up all the liquor that was in his stomach and he had his pants down where you could see his underwear.. AND to top it off, he was shaking everyone's (ours not included) hands on his way out.. priceless
* Blueberry .. enough said on that.
* Proof that a white girl can break it down and show them how it's done ..
* Dance moves that would make Micheal Jackson even go "WTF?"

It was just a hilarious and fantastic evening! I'm so glad we ended up going out! However Friday was not kind to my body! Haha! But it's all in being an adult I guess!

So we lost our own Homecoming game. Pretty sad. I guess I was wishing for a repeat of last years score of 73-6. Oh what a game that was!! haha! But the fireworks were great as always and we had a great time though and that's all that really matters! Kalen came into town and that is ALWAYS a blast within itself! :)

Got invited to go to Keystone, Colorado for a week in December after finals for only $150.00. (plus spending money and splitting gas cost) Pretty pumped about that. My parents however, not too pumped cause that means I'm not gonna be home as early as they thought for Christmas break. But this friend that I'm going with will be leaving MSU after this semester and I want us to able to leave on a good foot. Cause I must admit, for a while it wasn't looking too great. So I think it will be fun! :)

So lately I love how little things have really brightened my day. The other night I got a note from a friend and it just made me smile. It made me see that people really do appreciate the things I do. Which in turn makes me smile. A smile for a smile. :)

Well I'm still deciding if I want to go out tonight or not. I guess I should go figure that out! :) Hope everyone else has a great rest of the weekend! :) Much love to all!

No comments: