Sunday, July 6, 2008

Home*Sweet*Home

Who says you can't go home? Home.was.fabulous! This was exactly what I needed to give me a 're-charge' for the rest of the summer. There was so much stuff on my mind and this weekend really helped make those worries go away. The evenings at home are just so peaceful and quiet. That's what I love about country life. I'll always be a country girl at heart. I love that life. I wish I could be there all the time. Did a little grilling this weekend because I am the grill master! I made all the following on 4th of July: BBQ chicken, BBQ ribs, cheeseburgers, potatoes with smoked cheese, sausage links, steaks .. and I think that's all. Needless to say, we ate like Kings that night! :) 4th of July was awesome. The town celebration was great, as usual. Had the traditional foot long corn dog! Yummy. Then what could make the night better than awesome fireworks?! It was such a great day and wonderful weekend! :)

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Soo don't you just love it when you find songs that you feel like are totally talking to you or about what's going on in your life?! Yeah-- me too! Thanks to the wonderful donation of awesome music from "MAPY" [you know who you are!] and I have found 'that' song! The chorus is pretty much self explanatory and I don't think I could have said it better myself:

"Why d'ya have to be so cute?
It's impossible to ignore you
Must you make me laugh so much
It's bad enough we get along so well
Say goodnight and go"

But it's so true right now. And I have so many great friends telling me "Brandy, you need to let him stop playing ping pong with your emotions." And sometimes we just need that one moment where it hits us and we are like "OMG. They are right." I had that moment this weekend. I have in a way, let this person take control of my motions and pretty much my thoughts. I met a sweet & cute guy this weekend, and I HESITATED ON TALKING TO HIM because I seriously thought "What if I still have a chance with the other guy?" Seriously. What's wrong with me? Have I really let that person take that much control?! I didn't think I'd ever feel that way or let someone else make me feel that way. That's when I was like "Ya know what?! Screw that." So I talked the new cutie. It ended up where he was to work all night so we couldn't hang out BUT he has my number! :) haha! And the first "letting go" steps have begun! :) All this prolly sounds so cheesy but it means alot to me and alot of my friends know what I'm talking about too. He and I are still gonna be great and amazing friends but I just need to learn how to move on and take that control back.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Can't believe summer is almost half way over! OMG. Although, I am pretty excited about the Fall semester. I just have a feeling that it's gonna not only be eventful but interesting.. :)

Well I need to get unpacked and lay down. Hope everyone else had a fabulous weekend as well!!! :) Have a great night!

1 comment:

Shaholla said...

OMg, I know that song! So good! I'm glad things are working in your favor now. God has a way of bringing us just what we need, when we need it. That's why He's in charge and not us. True story.