Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School .. Back to School

Oh how I heart Billy Madison...

So tomorrow is the first day of classes. I remember back in the day before college when the first day of school was a BIG deal. Having the perfect outfit picked out laying by the closet, knowing how my hair was going to look, wondering if anyone else was going to have the same new fashion, seeing friends again, wondering who was with who or who BROKE UP with who, etc. The first day of senior year was the most memorable. Feeling like the superiors. Pulling into our assigned parking spots right as the bell rang and just walking in with nothing because we knew that year was going to be the easiest as far as we were concerned.

I also remember the first day further back. Elementary days. The new lunch box with our favorite characters on the front. Or if we were cool enough, we got to eat in the cafeteria and BUY our lunch. Everything was new. Clothes, spirals, pens, crayons, water colors, rulers, glue ... *sigh* the days that use to be so simple. Sometimes I wish we could go back to those days but then I realize how much I love the present and wouldn't change it for anything. :)

Like I've said before, I have a feeling this semester will be FAN-TAB-ULOUS! :) Just this past 2 weeks alone have been great! So if that's a clue -- then that is awesome!!! I have recently realized that I have the most amazing "family" here at MSU. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world. I love being there for them and I know that if I ever needed anything that they are there for me as well. It's always nice to get that text or call asking if I am alright from something that I completely forgot had happened earlier in the day. Can't ask for anything better than that. They are the ones that keep me in smiles and remind me why life is so great!

I have found a new song that I have fallen in love with. Jordin Sparks "One Step @ a Time". Very catchy beat and really speaks to me right now. I love songs like that.

Another thing that makes me smile and chuckle is PostSecret. If you have not seen them, you are missing out. They make you see that sometimes people think the EXACT same way you do! haha! Scary thought though. Haha! :)

Well hope everyone else has a great first day of classes. If you aren't in school, have a great Monday! :)

Much love to all!!! :)

1 comment:

Shaholla said...

I'm actually a little sad that I'm not starting a new school year. Cherish while you can! And although I do love nutella, I didn't send that postsecret. :)