Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why must we grow up so fast?

So as I was packing up my apt last night, I came across my high school yearbook from Senior year. Wow oh Wow. Brought back alot of memories. Some very good and some are ones that I wish I could just forget. Although now I'm (and most of my crew from high school) only 22, I sometimes feel like we am too young to do some things. I feel like some of us grow up waaaaaay to fast. I remember in high school how some of us would say "I want to go to college, travel the world, then get married, then have my white picket fence house with 2 kids." Now that I look at it, most of my girls that I rolled with in school are already at the 'white picket fence' stage. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them that they are happy. But what is the hurry to get married and settle down? I remember one of my gal-pals saying "If I find my husband in college, then I'm gonna get married and drop out." Sure enough. She met someone and she never returned. DUMMY! Seriously.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

But as I get ready to go home Friday for a friend's wedding, it just makes me a little sad. For one, it's a reminder that I am still single. Not always fun to go wedding single. I'm just saying. And two, it shows that we are growing up so fast. Alot of my gal pals feel like they are on a time line to get married. Most of them already have kids that are a couple of years old. Friends ask me if I feel lost that I'm not hitched, planning a wedding, etc. Honestly, I want to wait to get married til I've done what I WANT to do. I know that sounds selfish at first but hear [or read] me out. Aftter I graduate [which I feel like will be never... haha!] I would LOVE to live a year in NYC or Boston. Preferably in both. Give them each a try. How much fun!? Just so I can give the city life a try. I remember when I visited both of them, I just feel in LOVE with them. I felt like I was in a filming for the Cosby Show while in Boston. Ha! All this reminds me of a conversation I had with my best guy friend back in the day. We talked about each other's goals/dreams, what we want in life, etc., and we though the exact same when it came to this issue. We want to be able to get up and move without strings being attached. Both of us don't really want to get married like late 20's. We both feel like we have so much that we want to do first and as bad as this sounds, we don't want that extra luggage that makes us stop and think twice. Because what's to say that my significant other wants to move to Boston same goals/dreams as myself. Plus my BFFE always joke and say that I have to move to NYC so when he becomes a famous actor, he'll have somewhere to stay when her does promos. Ha! Priceless.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On a happier note, I really am excited about going home on Friday night though for Kendra's wedding. It's going to be awesome for the fact that alot of my old crew have no idea that I'm coming into town. :) And plus I haven't seen alot of these people since graduation, which has been over 4 years. Holy cow. Be ready for pics next post. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So I've discovered there is one quality of mine, that I love, however realized that it can get me in trouble. I have a huge heart and sometimes I can be too caring. I trust people to easily too. I've always been that way. My daddy is the exact same way. *sigh* This paragraph can be saved for a whole other post . Haha! But I did discover it can sometimes lead to hurt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soooo I'm very excited to get moved into our new apt!!!! :) Although packing sucks like a Hoover vacuum. I'm almost done with my bedroom. All the stuff is off the walls and pretty much all of it's packed. It's kinda weird moving out after being in this apt for two years. :( Alot of memories in good 'ol 234! ;) Wouldn't trade them for anything though. But now it's time for more memories to be made in good 'ol 421 beginning this Fall. At first I was really sad that a certain someone wasn't gonna be living next door, but now that I look at it, it's prolly for the best. Like I always say, some things happen for a reason.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So a quick recap of this weekend. It was a great weekend. Saturday was pretty much all day shopping. Got new shoes [Pumas actually] which I LOVE now, new shirts from NY&Company [2 for $12], more perfume from Victoria Secret [the Usher perfume is gonna have to wait til next pay day! haha!] But all in all it was a great weekend. Very relaxing. Sucks though cause my check is pretty much gone. Boo to that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well that's pretty much all for now. It's already long enough. Hope everyone has a great week! :) P.S Reading stores like this always make me smile and remember that there are good people in this world. :)

No comments: