Sunday, June 1, 2008

Oh how I've missed thee...

Wow. I didn't realize how much I missed blogging. I used to update XANGA like everyday back in the day. Now I'm glad I decided to pick it back up again. I think I'll like this more anyways. XANGA was gettin to be full of creepers. That could just be me though ... Although I'll prolly be the only one reading this, it's still a nice outlet to vent and think some things out ...

So this weekend was full of emotions and eye openers, to say the least.

I get a phone call from my father on Friday with a shaky voice of tears forming. One thing that COMPLETELY breaks my heart is seeing/hearing a man cry (in person or phone call). He had just gone out with some buddies from work and found out that one of his co-workers/friends had been shot and killed the night before at a local bar. It hit my dad pretty hard because that night after work they had all hung out in the parking lot just chillin and unwinding after hard night of work. His friends were all going to the bar to unwind some more and invited my dad to go also. My dad said it was good and decided to call it a night. WOW. What if my dad DID go with them to the bar? Talk about an eye opener.

It made me re-think ALOT of things after talking to my dad that night. Realizing that I fret about stupid things that I have no control over and that I shouldn't be wasting my time over things that I also have no control over either. Realizing that life is too short for anything. Just have fun and remember it's YOUR life. :)

So I decided that Saturday was going to be a great day! And indeed it was. A day full of working out and playing tennis while working on my tan. YES! Can't get much better than that. Although I God did bless me with a natural tan, I still need to boost it up a tad! HAHA! :)

Today was pretty much mellow. Did quite a bit of cleaning, which is always an accomplishment. Oh- also found out that my battery is completely dead in my car. Yeah. Not always what you want to find out when you are on your way to a friend's house. Thankfully I have amazing friends that take care of me ... and will also tomorrow! :) OH- also got a beautiful new Coach purse from NYC from my fabulous friend! Pretty much a beauty! : )

So that's pretty much all for this weekend. I did find a quote that pretty much sums up the love life right now: "He's not my boyfriend but I love his hugs, his smile, his advice, his kindness and the times we laugh together. I guess I feel in love with our friendship." Couldn't have said it better myself. I've decided to let faith take care of the love life.

Goodnight! :)


No comments: